We are a leading investment management firm with a proven track record of investment in the ICT sector in sub-Saharan Africa. We typically invest in and/or develop our own identified projects in:
- Infrastructure: buy/build fibre networks, wholesale fixed and wireless infrastructure, datacentres and/or businesses that have infrastructure and/or licensed spectrum as part of their core asset base or service/deploy/rely/maintain communications infrastructure;
- Software & Saas offerings;
- Enabled platforms;
- Digital switches; and
Convergence Partners has a longer term investment horizon than traditional private equity firms
Investments range from venture capital through project equity to mature stage private equity (buy-out and expansion capital)
Preference for platform investing, whereby follow-on investments are made in regional assets
We back or build solid management teams
We invest in complementary businesses and encourage collaboration between portfolio companies in order to generate synergies and mutually beneficial business opportunities
- Strategic minority interests alongside other value adding shareholders, local partners and strong management teams
- Pan-African ICT investment focus
- Superior financial returns underpinned by social impact
- Active value adding investment partner
We were founded in 2006 and we’ve focused on the future ever since
Convergence Partners, founded in 2006, is an investment management firm focused on the TMT sector in Africa. Convergence Partners has a proven track record of developing new investment opportunities as well as actively adding value to investments across the life cycle of ICT assets.
As impact investors, Convergence Partners brings its skills, experience and capital to accelerate communications access and ICT infrastructure development on the Continent, focusing on initiatives that increase availability of communications, broadband services and new technology offerings to the people of Africa.
Convergence Partners is a seasoned pan-African private equity player, experienced in developing businesses to deliver enhanced returns while underpinning Continental development.